Membership in the International Association for the Study of Attachment
Our membership is drawn from a wide range of professions including psychologists, psychiatrists, social workers, nurses, and other professionals/academics who study or apply the Dynamic-Maturational Model of attachment and adaptation (DMM) to normative and special populations. We find an on-going interaction of clinical observation, empirical investigation, and theory construction to be crucial to providing better psychological treatment. In addition, IASA seeks to carry out special programs through one-time contributions from Sustaining Members. These funds will support special seminars, working groups and other activities relevant to clinical practice. For further information about membership and sustaining membership, contact email@example.com.
- Regular Membership: $125
- Two year Membership: $ 225
- Students and Latin America: $75
- Former USSR Countries and Africa: $50
- Sustaining members: $500
Membership lasts for 12 months from the date of subscription.
Some details about what your membership will help promote:
1. Dissemination of an empirically validated way of understanding human development that is
- based on human relatedness
- positive and strengths-based
- clinically useful for troubled children, couples, and families .
Study groups of scholars, therapists, legal professionals, and concerned citizens addressing
- Child and family policy
- Forensic policy and procedures
- Generating overarching theory to integrate interventions
- Academic programs
- Support of observational assessment so that it remains faithful, valid and rigorous across settings
This mission is accomplished using:
- A webpage with free downloadable materials
- Publication of the DMM News in 7 languages, scholarly publications, and books.
- Academic programs, international conferences, and local/regional meetings and trainings.
- Travel grants targeted to individuals from countries with limited resources.
- A dedicated volunteer and international board of directors who meet at least once a year, at their own expense, to implement IASA programs.
Your membership fees allow this important work to continue and expand across the world. In gratitude IASA offers you:
- An invitation to personally join IASA in its diverse work.
- Reduced fees to IASA conferences.
- Reduced fees to IASA courses advertised on the IASA web page.